When: 01 July, 2016
For more information, contact us at: email@example.com
With effect from July 01, 2016, the Indian Railways will have many changes in its existing rules and regulations. The main highlight of these changes are refund on Tatkal ticket, confirmed ticket facility for train passengers. The IRCTC has also decided to eliminate the waiting list feature. These changes once implemented, will benefit millions of the passengers who travel by trains regularly.
New rules of Indian Railways Implemented From from July 01 are:
- Passengers will get refund amount of 50 percent on cancellation of tatkal tickets.
- Timing for booking tatkal will also be changed. From July 1, tatkal window for AC coach will be open between 10 am and 11 am while for sleeper coach it will be open from 11 am to 12 pm.
- Waiting list will come to an end from July 1 for Suvidha trains. Tickets shall be issued only for confirmed and RAC passengers accommodation. There shall be no provision for waiting list in the train.
- Number of coaches on Rajdhani and Shatabdi will be increased.
- Rajdhani and Shatabdi trains will have paperless tickets from July 1. Mobile tickets will be valid on these trains.
- Railways will also start ticket booking on various language.
- Premium trains will come to an end.
- For cancellation of Suvidha train tickets, passengers can get half refund.
- 50 percent refund of fare on cancellation charge of rupees one hundred for air-conditioned-II tier/first class, rupees ninety for air-conditioned III-tier/3 economy/air-conditioned chair car and rupees sixty for sleeper class will be granted.