When: 05 June, 2016
Where: New Delhi, India
For more information, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The minister of Railways, Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu flagged off the inaugural run of the Tiger Trail Circuit Train from Delhi Safdarjung Station yesterday. The launch of this ‘Tiger Express’ on World Environment Day is to highlight the significance of environment in our lives. The Railway Minister took personal interest in conceptualizing this train. This tourist train will be operated by Indian Railway PSU namely Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC).
The train with 5 days/6 nights itinerary will start from Delhi Sufdarjung railway station and travel via Katani, Jabalpur, Bandhavgadh, Kanha. The semi-luxury train will take the guests on-board to the world famous Bandhavgarh and Kanha National Parks in Madhya Pradesh. In addition the trip will also take tourists to Dhuadhar Waterfall in Bedhaghat near Jabalpur. The initiative of creating a separate, dedicated Environment Directorate in the Ministry of Railways is now underway. The Railway Ministry is taking several measures with view to be more environmental friendly. Railway minister Suresh Prabhu has also announced that Indian Railways through its PSU IRCTC will launch more tourist circuit trains like elephant circuit, desert circuit etc.
Salient features of the Tiger Express:
- The semi-luxury train will take the guests on-board to the world famous Bandhavgarh and Kanha National Parks in Madhya Pradesh.
- The 5 days / 6 nights itinerary of the Tiger Express includes three Tiger Safaris, and it gives ample opportunity to the tourists to have a sight of the majestic wild cats in their natural environs and a spectacular view of the wildlife.
- The 5th June, 2016 trip of the Tiger Express is the inaugural run of this train. Regular Monthly trips of the fully air-conditioned train, which has been vinyl-wrapped with motifs of the wildlife, are to begin from October, 2016 onwards.
- The most important objective of the train is to create and spread awareness about the wildlife in general and the tiger in particular. An added attraction of the trip is a visit to the famous Dhuadhar Falls in Bhedaghat, Jabalpur.
- IRCTC has been designated to execute the entire itinerary. They have been efficiently conducting a variety of tour programmes like the ‘Desert Circuit’ in Rajasthan and the ‘Heritage Circuit’ in North India. This is for the first time that Indian Railways have forayed into the exciting and fascinating wildlife tourism.
- The itinerary has been chalked out in a manner that the guests not only enjoy a comfortable travel but also spend considerable time of the trip in the midst of Nature. The package includes journey by the exclusive semi luxury air conditioned train, accommodation in air-conditioned rooms of three star equivalent hotels for three nights (one night in Bandhavgarh and two nights in Kanha in Mogli Resorts), sightseeing and road transportation by AC vehicles, buffet meals, game safaris, inter-city transfers and travel insurance.
- This is also the first semi-luxury train on a tourist circuit having a dining car. The objective behind it is to facilitate frequent interactions among travelers during the travel. No other semi-luxury train is equipped with a dining car.