When: 21 June, 2016
For more information, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yoga is about awakening. Yoga is about creating a life that brings more beauty and more love into the world. Make your life Beautiful on this International Yoga Day.
Yoga is an ancient physical, mental and spiritual practice that originated in India and is now practiced in various forms around the world. The word ‘yoga’ derives from Sanskrit and means to join or to unite, symbolizing the union of body and consciousness. Yoga balances body and soul, physical health and mental well-being. It promotes harmony among people, and between ourselves and the natural world. Recognizing its universal appeal, the United Nations General Assembly proclaimed 21 June as the International Day of Yoga.
This year’s observance of the International Day of Yoga highlights the important role healthy living plays in the realization of the Sustainable Development Goals, adopted last year by all 193 United Nations Member States. As exercise, yoga has multiple benefits. Physical inactivity is linked with a number of non-communicable diseases, such as cancer, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases, which are among the leading causes of illness and death worldwide. By improving fitness, teaching us how to breathe correctly, and working to diminish stress, yoga can help to cultivate healthier lifestyles.
Objectives of World Yoga Day
International Day of Yoga has been adopted to fulfill the following objectives:
- To let people know the amazing and natural benefits of yoga.
- To connect people to the nature by practicing yoga.
- To make people get used of meditation through yoga.
- To draw attention of people worldwide towards the holistic benefits of yoga.
- To reduce the rate of health challenging diseases all over the world.
- To bring communities much close together to spend a day for health from busy schedule.
- To enhance growth, development and spread peace all through the world.
- To help people in their bad situations themselves by getting relief from stress through yoga.
- To strengthen the global coordination among people through yoga.
- To make people aware of physical and mental diseases and its solutions through practicing yoga.
- To protect unhealthy practices and promote and respect the good practices to make health better.
- To let people know their rights of good health and healthy life style to completely enjoy the highest standard of physical and mental health.
- To link between protection of health and sustainable health development.
- To get win over all the health challenges through regular yoga practice.
- To promote better metal and physical health of people through yoga practice.